Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with the University and its facilities:
Basic University Information
Orientation by School
We are also building orientation modules for adjunct for each of our schools.
- Connections is a web portal that provides access to Webster's online services. Your Connections ID and password give you access to Webster e-mail, campus WIFI, FTP, and online course services, groups, calendars and announcements. It also provides customizable content in the form of tabs, channels, and news feeds.
- Faculty Development Center (FDC) Home Page
- Online Curriculum Development: Whether you are new to teaching or an old hand, incorporating online tools into your curriculum is virtually inevitable. That’s why we provide training for new online instructors, support for continuing instructors, and instructional design and development of online courses.
- Library Services at Webster University
- The Academic Resource Center (ARC): Like all of us, students sometimes struggle. To help you point your students in the right direction, please familiarize yourself with the ARC and its services. From Academic Counseling to Writing Support – and all points in between – the ARC can help your students with academic or learning challenges.
The Adjunct Experience
As an adjunct at Webster University, you will touch, challenge and inspire your students. You will encourage them as they explore their ideas, test their theories, and enhance their knowledge. Most importantly, you will help provide our students with an enriching academic experience that will prepare them for professional achievement and success.
We also recognize the importance of giving you the support you need to make your teaching engagement a rewarding and enjoyable experience. To that end, we are committed to providing you with the following:
Open, Give-And-Take Communication
What is academia without the free, unencumbered exchange of information and ideas? Here we encourage it – and treasure it. Starting with your department chair or program coordinator, feel free to ask questions, seek assistance, or just sit, talk, and share ideas.
An Atmosphere of Academic Excellence
As a university with a global reach and academic excellence, we are guided by a culture that supports faculty teaching, scholarship, research, artistic endeavors, and curriculum development.
Webster University offers all faculty – including adjuncts – the resources found at the Faculty Development Center (FDC). An overview of FDC’s online offerings can be found here. These initiatives include learning communities, webinars, and technology support.
The Center is located on campus at the following address:
Emerson Library, Room 420
101 Edgar Road
St. Louis, MO 63119
Phone: (314) 246-8243 or 866-963-8243
In addition, our full and part time faculty are eligible for free conference attendance. Please check with the FDC personnel for specific opportunities. Overseas teaching opportunities are also available at our international locations. Check here for details.
A Voice In Faculty Governance
Up to 10 percent of the seats in our Faculty Assembly can be filled by adjunct faculty, provided you have been at Webster University for at least three years. In addition, Faculty Assembly members are also eligible to be elected to the Faculty Senate. For more information, visit the following:
Finally, and most importantly, we want you to feel part of the Webster University community – whether you teach just one class or several. Welcome.