Class Attendance & Drop Information
A few reminders as our next semesters kick into gear:
- All on-ground and WebNet+ courses: Attendance verification is not via “goldenrod sheets” anymore. There is now mandatory electronic verification, that will come to you as an attendance verification PROGRESS SURVEY in your WebsterU email. You may track attendance through the ‘attendance’ tab in Starfish, but that will not verify attendance with the Registrar, only the survey will verify your enrollments. We are familiar with these through Starfish! Representatives and staff in all five schools have been trained with the new process. Attendance verification schedules are here.
- On-ground courses: drops must occur by 4:30 PM Friday of the first week; after that, the process is a withdrawal. Additions must occur before 4:30 PM Friday of the first week.
- Online courses continue to use their different, established process for attendance verification. Late registration spans from 4:30 PM CT the Friday before the start of the term to 4:30 PM CT the Friday of the first week of class. Students may be added into only those classes that are not yet full. Consider this with caution: instructors are not required to allow late registrants to make up missed work. Contact the Online Learning Center (firstname.lastname@example.org) for ALL other late registrations.
- Online courses: ALL STUDENTS must login to each online course in Canvas by 8:00 AM CT Friday morning of the first week, otherwise they will be administratively dropped from enrollment in the course. Updated guidelines here.
- All courses have an only ONE week drop period, after that the grade becomes a W on the transcript.
- All SP19 flags in Starfish were bulk-cleared on 5/15/19. Two important carry-over flags remaining are the ‘Not Yet Registered’ and the ‘Concerning Grades: Incomplete’ flags.
If you have any questions, please consult the online learning center for online courses: email@example.com
; for on-ground courses, call the academic advising offices, (314) 968-6972 or (800) 982-3847. For attendance verification survey or Starfish questions, please send the inquiry to: firstname.lastname@example.org