Up Next: Commencement 2016-17
Find out all you need to know about the schedule and logistics for the upcoming commencement ceremonies in St. Louis, which will be held on Saturday morning, May 13 at The MUNY, St. Louis’ historic outdoor theater, located in Forest Park.
For information about (free) transportation, rehearsals, and other events click here. Remember also to check with your school or college’s graduation coordinator with any questions. Visit this link for a list.
Office of Academic Affairs’ Focus on Academics Newsletter Now Available
The newsletter, which can be found online here, covers a variety of topics, including the following:
- Preparations now underway for Webster University’s upcoming reaccreditation visit by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Registration for the Global Citizenship Collaboratory is now open. With a theme of “Evidence in Action,” the event will be held May 23-24 in the East Academic Building. Registration closes on May 19.
- Provost’s 2017-18 Faculty Fellows announced.
- Faculty Grants and Office of Research updates
- Trends and best practices in higher education.
Don’t forget to read the publication in its entirety here.
Student Leadership Recognized
At the 24th Student Leadership Awards, more than 170 people gathered to honor an assortment of student groups and individual leaders who have distinguished themselves through service while at Webster University. Learn more about the awards, the honorees, and the many impressive student accomplishments here.
Webster Groves Campus Parkers: Rejoice! The Garage Extension is Open!
The new parking garage extension is open for faculty, staff, student and visitor parking. Currently in the new section, parking is available on the second, third, and fourth levels. The first floor area will become available soon once construction crews remove equipment and other items.
The garage addition is a welcome addition to the Webster Groves campus and community. It, along with the upcoming completion of the Interdisciplinary Science Building, reflects the University’s ongoing implementation of its master plan, which helps move the heart of activity away from the Lockwood to the interior of the campus. For more information about the new garage, visit here.