Spring Term Dates for “Coffees & Conversations” Announced – Mark Your Calendar
The Spring Term “Coffees & Conversations” sessions with Chancellor Elizabeth Stroble and President Julian Schuster and the college/school deans will take place on the following dates in January:
- Wednesday, January 15, 2020, 3:30-4:30 p.m. in Browning Hall 140
- Thursday, January 16, 2020, 11:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. in Browning Hall 140
All adjunct faculty are welcome to attend to get an update on the university, upcoming events, and to ask questions. Mark your calendars and hope to see you there.
Academic Resource Center Conducting Plagiarism Focus Groups for Faculty/Staff
In November, the Academic Resource Center (ARC) will be conducting three focus group sessions for faculty and staff to assess the effectiveness of the University’s Plagiarism Prevention Program (PPP). The program stresses the importance of understanding plagiarism, developing good writing strategies, and using appropriate citations.
Dates for the focus groups are:
- Thursday, Nov. 14, 1-2 p.m. CST
- Friday, Nov. 22, 10-11 a.m. CST
- Wednesday, Dec. 4, 2-3 p.m. CST
Please visit here to learn more and to RSVP. All adjunct faculty, faculty, and staff are invited to attend the sessions, which will be held in the Library Conference Room or by WebEx.
WebsterLearns Now Powered by LinkedIn Learning
In an effort to give students, faculty, and staff new tools and skills to advance their careers, Webster University is partnering with LinkedIn Learning, a career advancement tool. The new service, which replaces Lynda.com, can be accessed via the desk top or a mobile device and will provide the following in an “on-demand” format:
- Unlimited access to 5,000 on-demand video tutorials on business, creative, and technology topics.
- Personalized recommendations. Explore in-demand skills based on experience.
- Reinforce knowledge with quizzes, exercises, and coding practice windows.
For more information on how to sign in to access the service, visit here.